Show_If expressions

Column โ€˜Categoryโ€™ is of type โ€˜enumโ€™. Values for this column are โ€œapartmentโ€, โ€œhouseโ€, โ€œshopโ€, โ€œofficeโ€, โ€œresidentialโ€ and โ€œcommercialโ€.

โ€œStreet No.โ€ should be visible if โ€˜categoryโ€™ is โ€œapartmentโ€, โ€œhouseโ€, โ€œshopโ€, โ€œofficeโ€, โ€œresidential plot (Balloted)โ€ or โ€œcommercial plot (Balloted)โ€.

Column โ€˜Plot Allocationโ€™ of enum type should only be visible if โ€˜categoryโ€™ is โ€˜residential plotโ€™ or โ€˜commercial plotโ€™. Plot allocation has values โ€œBallotedโ€ and โ€œUn-ballotedโ€.
If โ€œUn-Ballotedโ€ is selected column โ€œstreet noโ€ should not be visible.

The problem arises when a user selects โ€œresidentialโ€ or โ€œcommercialโ€ and further selects โ€œun-ballotedโ€ but then changes mind and selects โ€œapartmentโ€, โ€œhouseโ€, โ€œshopโ€ or โ€œofficeโ€. In this case โ€œstreet noโ€ is no more visible even now the category is โ€œapartmentโ€, โ€œhouseโ€, โ€œshopโ€, โ€œofficeโ€.

0 8 246
8 REPLIES 8

Try with turning on RESET ON EDIT for each column and see if this behaves differently.

I used โ€˜reset on editโ€™ condition for the column โ€˜plot allocationโ€™ to reset it to a blank value using โ€œโ€ as itโ€™s initial value. The condition for โ€˜reset on editโ€™ was:
OR
(
([Category] = โ€œShopโ€), ([Category] = โ€œApartmentโ€),([Category] = โ€œHouseโ€),([Category] = โ€œOfficeโ€)
)

Just turn on RESET ON EDIT, donโ€™t use any expression.

Tried what you just said but the problem persists, as expected.
Actually I am talking about the scenario where the user changes the value of โ€œcategoryโ€ before pressing the โ€œsaveโ€ button of the form.
As far as I know โ€˜Reset on editโ€™ works when a row is edited.

Youโ€™re right. I though you are editing an existing record, not creating a new row.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Plot Allocation

Valid if

IN(
  [category],
  LIST(
    "residential plot",
    "commercial plot"
  )
)

Editable?

OR(
  IN(
    [category],
    LIST(
      "residential plot",
      "commercial plot"
    )
  ),
  ISNOTBLANK([_THIS])
)

Required?

IN(
  [category],
  LIST(
    "residential plot",
    "commercial plot"
  )
)

Street No.

Valid if

NOT(
  AND(
    IN(
      [category],
      LIST(
        "residential plot",
        "commercial plot"
      )
    ),
    ("Un-Balloted" = [Plot Allocation])
  )
)

Editable?

OR(
  IN(
    [category],
    LIST(
      "apartment",
      "house",
      "shop",
      "office"
    )
  ),
  AND(
    IN(
      [category],
      LIST(
        "residential plot",
        "commercial plot"
      )
    ),
    ("Balloted" = [Plot Allocation])
  ),
  ISNOTBLANK([_THIS])
)

Moreover, when I initially select โ€˜categoryโ€™ other than โ€˜Residential(Un-Balloted)โ€™ or 'Commercial(Un-Balloted), I am unable to edit โ€˜Street No.โ€™ if I try to change the category to other than โ€˜Residential(Un-Balloted)โ€™ or โ€˜Commercial(Un-Balloted)โ€™ as shown below:

3X_7_a_7a3635fa6b64ae3b527fae0eb947cfce2559dfe7.gif
Unable to upload a โ€˜gifโ€™ !

Basically, an โ€˜un-balloted plotโ€™ cannot have a 'street no. โ€™ and โ€˜plot no.โ€™

@Steve

But when I use the above expression I get the following:

3X_5_9_5919aff7ba9daa314cb4e65fb11fd03ba333e0f8.png

Whereas, the following should be shown:

3X_f_9_f917ec4a95301ed728d6b6b47cfd336ca5c88066.png

@Steve

Top Labels in this Space