Snapshot In Templates?

Is anyone here using snapshot in templates? I can't seem to get it to work following the text here:

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107421

It seems fairly easy to implement. My text in the document is:

<<SNAPSHOT(LINKTOVIEW(โ€œMy Viewโ€))>>

Am I missing something here? It seemed fairly straightforward but kills the document generation. I also can't test a bot that uses it either. 

0 10 311
10 REPLIES 10

Were you able to resolve this problem?

Nope!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@andrew_caff wrote:

It seemed fairly straightforward but kills the document generation.

What does this mean? Please be specific. If any errors are displayed, please post a screenshot. If the report is generated but wrong, please post screenshots of the template and the generated report.

@andrew_caff wrote:

I also can't test a bot that uses it either. 

Why not? More details might help us help you.

@Steve Always happy to see you participating in the discussion and sorry for my lack of attentiveness on this post as I plan on doing a write-up in the Tips&Tricks section of the community when time allows.

All in all I worked with support on this issue and it was never resolved. The tip to try was to turn off smart quotes in docs, but that did not offer a solution. An example of the simple template is below. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 10.47.34 AM.png

โ€ƒ

@Steve wrote:

@andrew_caff wrote:

It seemed fairly straightforward but kills the document generation.

What does this mean? Please be specific. If any errors are displayed, please post a screenshot. If the report is generated but wrong, please post screenshots of the template and the generated report.

@andrew_caff wrote:

I also can't test a bot that uses it either. 

Why not? More details might help us help you.

As far as this goes, when I have the screenshot function in the template; the test section of the app editor wont simply load. After a few hours of trying to load, it will show a timeout error (error 408 if I remember correctly). AKA the presence of the snapshot function breaks it. Removing the Snapshot function allows access again to the test and monitor sections of the app editor. As far as generating a report, it simply will not generate as the bot will not fire upon its trigger nor can I force it in the test window of the bot.

I am leaving the post up in case other people search for this issue. This way they can see that it was unresolved somewhere else, but for now I have moved on to generating personal custom graphs in my dashboard using appscript. Thanks for checking in on this, always appreciate seeing you on posts.

Seems like a bug to me. I've escalated it internally to the Automation team.

@andrew_caff wrote:

All in all I worked with support on this issue and it was never resolved. The tip to try was to turn off smart quotes in docs, but that did not offer a solution.

Attn @Aleksi @Rob_Just 

Thanks for doing that, I appreciate it!

Just trying to troubleshoot this one. Are you sure you write your view name correctly?

Yes!  I tried with multiple views as well as multiple types of view e.g. tables, dashboards, charts, etc

Hi all !

I have got the same problem, when i tried to use SNAPSHOT(), the task does not finish.

In my case, I want to use SNAPSHOT() to add a map with pins in a report.

I tried to add a snapshot in different ways :

• in an HTML template
  • in an email body
  • in Other Attachements
  • with differents syntax
    • <<SNAPSHOT(LINKTOVIEW("Location"))>>
    • &lt;&lt;SNAPSHOT(LINKTOVIEW("Location"))&gt;&gt;
    • <<SNAPSHOT(LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Location", [VisiteActifsID] = [_THISROW].[VisiteActifsID]))>>
    • &lt;&lt;SNAPSHOT(LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Location", [VisiteActifsID] = [_THISROW].[VisiteActifsID]))&gt;&gt;

And it fails every time.

In Automation Monitor, I get the following message : "Stop executing after step MyTaskWithASnapshot, because the request took too long to process."

Please report this to Appsheet Support.

Top Labels in this Space