Stay in the same record after saving it

Please, some help

I want to learn a way to stay in the same record in a table view when I save this record. I want to trigger an action to send the new invoice as pdf to my email, if I am sure that the invoice is correct.

But, every time I create a new invoice, and save it, the app is returning to the table "Invoices" with all the records and I have to find the recent record to open in and click the action to receive the invoice. It is very frustrating

If somebody have the solution I will appreciate it

Solved Solved
0 4 312
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

All tables have at least a form and detail view by default.SkrOYC_1-1669642427401.png
If you are not able to see them, click on 'Show system views' that is at the bottom of the views page

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Sakis_Koukouvis wrote:

If somebody have the solution I will appreciate it

Use a LINKTOROW() in an action and use that action inside "Form Save"SkrOYC_0-1669472312182.png

The LINKTOROW() should have something like this:

LINKTOROW(
 [_THISROW],
 "YourDetailViewName"
)
LINKTOROW() - AppSheet Help 

You should basically be able to do the same by setting YourDetailViewName inside "Finish view", but I'm not 100% sure about it going to the new record's detail view, so try both

Thank you @SkrOYC 

The problem is that I have a table view and not a form view

But, you gave me an idea and I have changed the way I open new invoices.

I use, from now, form view and if I want to see all invoices as group I use table view

All tables have at least a form and detail view by default.SkrOYC_1-1669642427401.png
If you are not able to see them, click on 'Show system views' that is at the bottom of the views page

It's also useful this way in case we want to show the "Saving changes" view

LINKTOROW(
[_THISROW],
"YourDetailViewName"
)&"&at="&(NOW()+1)

Top Labels in this Space