Suggested values in Enum specific to each user

I have an Enum List that I currently manually enter the values into.
I’m hoping to use ‘Auto Compute’ to pull all the values in a particular column from a specified slice.

Is this possible?

I see the option to reference a table and column and I tried to substitute the slice name for a table name and received an error. I’m not sure if that is because this can’t be done or the formatting of the formula I entered (slice name has spaces and periods that could be the error?)

Any feedback is appreciated!

0 6 1,672
6 REPLIES 6

@xavier7lemon
Can you please elaborate what do you explicitly mean with “Auto Compute”? You can always populate an ENUM or ENUMLIST column’s content with specifying the correct expression in Valid_if or Suggested_Values property of a column. May I suggest reading below pages first?

Sorry if that wasn’t clear, I meant:

Is it possible to have a dropdown list that auto populates it’s values from a slice?

I have to manually enter each of these list items but would like for it to be auto populated from a specific slice.

@xavier7lemon
I got your point already. Yes of course it’s possible and please refer to the pages I have posted.

I have a column on the spreadsheet “Top Opps ALL” that has the different users email addresses.
I’m using the expression in the attached image on an item in a column that is Enum.
When I interact with the drop down it doesn’t reference the values the expression are calling.

I’m unsure what I’m doing wrong. Could anyone advise?

The expression in question is exactly what I want to happen; Select values from [Company/Opp] column within the (Top Opps ALL) table when the user email matches the text in the [Rep] column… however nothing shows in the dropdown.

Is ‘Suggested Values’ the correct place to enter this formula?

I’m really baffled on how to do this - it’s the last step in my app

2X_5_55e965d25f633837fdb3be9ed1e07e68ff06b702.png

Instead of writing “USEREMAIL()”, type just USEREMAIL() because it’s a formula, not a string.

Top Labels in this Space