Trying to figure out how to get user input in an action

Vic9t

Hello! I am building an inventory app for a restaurant, it has a โ€œGroceries listโ€ table, and an โ€œinventoryโ€ table. When someone is buying an item from the โ€œGroceries listโ€, I would want to make a button to directly add this new item to the โ€œinventoryโ€ table. When the user would press it, a box should appear, and the user would input the โ€˜Quantityโ€™ and โ€˜Eat-by dateโ€™.
I have seen that it is possible with multiple actions, and creating a slice for each input but I donโ€™t see how it can be setup for my problem. Can you guys help me with that?

0 3 271
3 REPLIES 3

Hello, welcome to AppSheet!

I hope I understand your question correctly. I think you want someone to be able to go to an item in the groceries table, and add it to the inventory table, along with a quantity and eat-by date?

Thatโ€™s something you can achieve by creating references between the two tables. You can check out the guide here: References Between Tables

Hereโ€™s an example. First, Iโ€™ll click the edit button on my โ€œitemโ€ column in the inventory table:

Next, set that column to be a Ref to the groceries table:

And now the app looks like this:

Hi Madeline! And thank you for your help!

I donโ€™t think a ref column is the best for my โ€˜inventoryโ€™ table (named Feuille 1 here):

Here the important column are โ€˜DLCโ€™ (eat-by date) and โ€˜Quantitรฉโ€™ (count). I canโ€™t really turn the โ€˜Nomโ€™ (Name) column into a ref type.

I would like to create an action in the โ€˜Groceriesโ€™ view that would add an item to the โ€˜Inventoryโ€™ table, keeping the same Name, and Category columnโ€™s value of the โ€˜Groceriesโ€™ table, but asking the user to input the โ€˜Quantityโ€™ and โ€˜DLCโ€™ values.

Vic9t

I have seen that this is possible with grouped action type, just like on this thread:

But I have some troubles understanding how it would fit my tablesโ€ฆ And if it is the best solution

Top Labels in this Space