Unsure to use Filter() or If()

Hello, community! Was wondering if someone can help me with an expression. 

I'm trying to create a bot to send to a specific email address once an event is triggered, but only to the person if their name is selected. Below is a better breakdown of what I'm looking for:

PC.png 
Above is a quick snip of how I have Project Coordinators assigned to a particular record. 

PC2.PNG
For workflow, we have the option to select if attention is needed and also if it's been completed. 

Right now I have a bot that sends an email if the "Needed" option is selected to notify the Project Coordinator, but is currently set up that it sends to both. This of course is an issue since I'm trying to have the email be only sent to the Project Coordinator actually assigned to the record. I've been messing with expressions and am not sure if I should be using the Filter expression or the If expression. 

Hope someone can offer some insight!

Solved Solved
0 2 118
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Figured it out community!

IFS(
IN([Column Name], "John Doe"), Workflow_Email_1,
IN([Column Name], "Jane Smith"), Workflow_Email_2,
IN([Column Name], "David Johnson"), Workflow_Email_3,
IN([Column Name], "Specific Person"), Workflow_Email_Specific
)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Maybe I am missing some point, but in general you could pull in the email of the project coordinator through an expression. You can do so by using the selected project coordinator in the field [Project Coordinator] and use that expression or field where the email is pulled in the "To" setting of the bot,

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1685587805183.png

Figured it out community!

IFS(
IN([Column Name], "John Doe"), Workflow_Email_1,
IN([Column Name], "Jane Smith"), Workflow_Email_2,
IN([Column Name], "David Johnson"), Workflow_Email_3,
IN([Column Name], "Specific Person"), Workflow_Email_Specific
)

Top Labels in this Space