Validate a Scanned QR code and remove drop down selection

Mike_T

Iโ€™m trying to force the user to enter the info into the form using a QR code only. At the same time, I want the user to be given an error message if the QR code has already been scanned. (I.e. โ€œThis QR Code was scanned on XXX date by XXXX personโ€. Both of these pulled from another table.

Iโ€™ve used REF as my column type but this allows the user to view and select the QR code from a drop down menu. Thoughts?

Solved Solved
0 5 1,032
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It appears in your case a valid code is one that does not occur in another table. Try a Valid If expression of:

NOT(IN([_THIS], another-table[qrcode-column]))

replacing another-table and qrcode-column appropriately.

You can the use the Invalid value error expression to generate an appropriate error message.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It appears in your case a valid code is one that does not occur in another table. Try a Valid If expression of:

NOT(IN([_THIS], another-table[qrcode-column]))

replacing another-table and qrcode-column appropriately.

You can the use the Invalid value error expression to generate an appropriate error message.

Nevermind, seems to be working fine now after a couple closed apps and resyncs. Thanks again!

@Steve 

I tried your suggestion but it didnโ€™t work.

This badge # exists in the โ€œother tableโ€.   Itโ€™s been awhile since this post.  By any chance do have another solution?

Thank you.

Mauricio_Bick_0-1681100418575.png

@Steve 

Disregard Steve I found another post that you were in and your solution worked!

Thank you, Sir!

Mike_T

This works however just using the default error message locks up the app. Not able to rescan, cancel or save. Canโ€™t even go back to earlier screen. bug?

Top Labels in this Space