What AppSheet Enhancements Would You Like? W...

What AppSheet Enhancements Would You Like?

We are collecting ideas for AppSheet enhancements. What new services, platforms, and device capabilities you would like us to integrate with AppSheet?

For example, people have asked us to integrate: 1. Payment system like Stripe or Square 2. Data providers like Firebase. 3. Printer support 4. Web services like Zapier or IFTTT (If This Then That)

1 68 3,305
68 REPLIES 68

Would like to get (1) Printer support (2) Adding possibility for more than one aggregates

The most important of all is cross-table actions. If an action is taken in Table A, then Table B will take another action linked to Table A using conditions.

a regenarate botton to force a sync

Put actions in the menu. In this way someone could click on the โ€œactionโ€ left/center/right/menu and be taken to a form that was pre-populated based on their preferencesโ€ฆ

dynamic valid_if/required_if messages

Can AppSheet rub my back after a hard day at work? Nope? Ok then:

1 - at Table view, set SUMMARY LINE on/off. Then set what columns will have a summary and what kind (sum, average, etc)

A summary line should be the last line of a table.

2 - When creating dashboards, having better control of where to put each dashboard item and itโ€™s size.

3 - Be able to set landscape desktop or tablet views Form fields sizes and places. No need to set pixel by pixel like in Access, but a more modular design,

like dividing the screen in 5-10 squares, then drag/drop items to occupy 3 squares width and 2 squares height. This kind of thing.

Change name of buttons or messages as Save, Invalid Entry, Required Entry dynamically, depending of view or other factors.

@Jennifer_Clem1

You wrote "Iโ€™d like to see this become more than just a 2 layer reference, allowing for app formulas that pull info from a parent table, 2 tables up from the current, something along the lines [Ref_column].[Parent table value (also a ref field)].[Grandparent table value]. "

Topic โ€œAccessing a Column in a Grandparent Recordโ€ in this article may be helpful help.appsheet.com - Template Start Expressions

Template Start Expressions help.appsheet.com

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

is that notation only good in templates or can it be applied any place we can shove an expression?

+JW R yeah, Iโ€™m going to agree with you. My hot list would be

adding a record to completion inside the app preferably through an action. Is a part of records connected so that if I make a copy of a parent, the child records get created as well. Bulk data uploads through CSV, with validation.

Export Charts to PDF directly to the users Phone.

Sorry for bit long lines, but those are on my wish list.

1. Download workflow template complete file to user device (not through email)

2. Output file type option (excel, word) in addition to PDF on workflow rule.

3. Function like SQL Trigger (such as adding row(s) to child table when new row added a parent table)

4. Function like SQL Union (merge) tables

5. Upload file from mobile device

6. Automatically generate workflow template file (PDF) periodically and save the output file to a designated/targeted table/column (currently user output PDF by workflow rule and receive email. Then upload PDF file to a certain column through form of the app. Love to make this process automated)

7. Integration with external map service, such as Mapbox

8. Adding custom map layer

9. Advanced filter (column selection) on table view like Excel. By clicking column name on table view, then drop down list pop up, tick on/off to filter rows by certain columns. User can generate own table view

10. Users option to select column on table view (similar to No.9)

11. Export data to Excel / CVS from table view to user device (data download)

12. Users option to change sync setting (auto background fresh, sync upon launch, delayed sync -

make those option to users)

Yes, multiple bulk file/image uploadsโ€ฆ

@Grant_Stead yes, I wish to have that one as well.

Sometimes, we update our bosses on our job on Whatsapp.

The transition to use app still takes time and confidence.

Maybe AppSheet can have feature whereby all the submitted rows/data can be converted into text (not copy paste) so we can copy it and maybe style it to our likings and paste it in the Whatsapp groups.

Thank you.

Integration with Firebase/Firestore.

Option to embed external webapp into a appsheet view.

@tsuji_koichi, can you elaborate on your use case?

Firebase is No SQL so not sure if Appsheet can integrate, as appsheet is based on relational data base, but hopefully it can get through.
I m currently on development of own web app where we store data to firebase and files (images) on Firesore as well. It is far more easier if we can natively connect to Firebase/Firestore, rather than coding for own web apps.
Anyway, once the web app is ready, then this external app start to interact with Appsheet app. To deepen the integration level, I wish to put the embeded link to appsheet app (as a new feature), just place the single line of url then appsheet will generate view based on the linked web page. We can achieve similarly by placing action to jump to url for external app, but it just open up on browser, which is less ideal.

Drag & Drop feature for scheduling!!!
That way if my schedule changes all I need to do is drop it the the correct date without switching any of the related data or having to switch views.

Some more from me

Allow someone to upload an Image used by a XY column via a phone or browser rather that having to manually upload it to the web. This is the main reason I donโ€™t use XY column types with my clients

Fix the virtual column issue whereby it shows one value in an inline view then it changes it because of a recalculation in the form view. The โ€˜simpleโ€™ fix would be editing a form view with a VC must cause a sync on all relevant VCs

More control over sync settings. So that we can force syncs by specific changes to data i.e. in the column settings. Also allow us some global sync setting in Behavour -> Offline/SYNC such as controlling background download and upload sync frequency

Expose the data that Xrefs Google Locations to XY co-ordinates

Create multiple rows in a table based on some formula

Have Facebook as an authentication providor

Force images to be square on workflows. Since a mix of portrait and landscape can really muck up the layout

WhatsApp integration will be great!

Iโ€™d also like to labour the point on the userbase voting on which updates to impliment. Since without this Appsheet could easily find themselves implimenting what they think is best, or worst, whatever is the easiest. This is the exact senario that Agile Software Development is meant to avoid - https://agilemanifesto.org/principles.html. What no-one wants is a competitor to Appsheet developing a better product that we have to eventually swap over to.

An example of wasted effort for me is the Spec part. What is that part even for? How does it help us develop Apps? Its impossbile to use to it to explain to how the App actually works. Looks to me like it was added because it looks nice and/or it was easy to do.

I donโ€™t think by adding new features and making the overall product more complicated will make it harder for new users to become engaged. The bar for getting a basic App of the ground is as low as it was for me when I started 3ish years ago.

Anywayโ€ฆ rant over

Some of you may find this really useful when developing Apps in general - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEvKo90qBns

I would like to be able to use a drawing of the layout of a building where the image is stored on Google Drive not a website. This is for an inventory type app Iโ€™d like to see. I have not found a way to do that.

This did not allow me to use a drawing .jpg from my Google Drive. I had to open an account on a picture storage website to keep it on.

Oh, right. I forgot GDriveโ€™s quirk. Perhaps this?

Or hereโ€™s an excellent video:

That article did the trick. I am able to show a drawing type map now from Google Drive.
Thank you,

David

Able to attach video clip

@desmond_lee wrote:

Able to attach video clip

Aren't we able to do it already?

Top Labels in this Space