When entering the date type, it is not synced as date format in Google Sheets...

Hello.
From around September 18, 2023, when I entered the date type column in Appsheet, data are being registered as the format of "yyyy. mm. dd." in the linked Google Sheet.
In Google Sheets, "yyyy. mm. dd." format seems that not recognized as "date" type data. Because there is a "." at the end of the date.
So I'm having trouble with date-related statistics or formulas.
Not only me but many users in Korea complain about this phenomenon.
If this is a bug, please fix it.
Or, if there is a way to resolve this with any settings, please let me know.
Thank you for your help.

Solved Solved
3 14 1,704
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe the issue with Korean dates should now be resolved.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

@yj_Lee wrote:

In Google Sheets, "yyyy. mm. dd." format seems that not recognized as "date" type data. Because there is a "." at the end of the date.

It is the Google sheet formatting rules that control the display of this information.  Please check the column formatting configuration in your Google sheet.  See image.

If this is a common issue with other Google sheets in Korea, you will nee to report the problem to Google Sheets support - a separate organization.

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 8.27.09 PM.png

Thank you very much for your comment.
I've been using Google Sheets' number formatting and haven't had any problems using it so far.
However, this phenomenon suddenly appeared a few days ago.
Since there are no reports from users in other regions, it seems that this may be a problem in the Korea region.
I am currently contacting Appsheet support regarding this issue.
I will also consider contacting Google Sheets Support in the future.

If the column is an AppSheet Date or DateTime column, you should have it defined in your sheet as either Automatic, Plain Text or a Date defined format (note you can customize the Date formatting).

Plain Text is best option IF all your data is saved from the AppSheet app AND the sheet is used SOLELY as a datasource for the app.  AppSheet can properly convert any Plain Text data from the sheet into the app defined column types

I am also experiencing the same symptoms.
YYYY.MM.DD. The format doesn't seem to recognize it as a "date" because it has a period at the end.

I contacted AppSheet support about this issue. 

But how was it resolved?  Did they make a change in your app for you or was their an AppSheet issue that needed fixed?

It was an AppSheet issue that needed fixed.

However, this problem was occurred again today.... 

So I'm reaching out to the AppSheet team again. 

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND WAITING FOR INFORATION THAT COULD HELP US

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM !!!

Hi @devingu ,

For your attention please. There seem to be a couple of post threads on this issue today.

we are aware of the issue and currently working on it. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you for your answer. We are patiently waiting for this issue to be resolved. 

Here is my (temporary) solution to the problem. I created another column next to it and wrote the following formula:

=DATEVALUE(LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(A3025, ".", "/"), FIND(" ", SUBSTITUTE(A3025, ".", "/")) - 1)) + TIMEVALUE(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A3025, ".", "/"), FIND(" ", SUBSTITUTE(A3025, ".", "/")) + 1, LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A3025, ".", "/"))))

ttt.jpg

I believe the issue with Korean dates should now be resolved.

Top Labels in this Space