set the values of some columns in a row from another table

Hello friends how are you?

Today I bring the following doubt. I have a table 1 of inputs where all the inputs of my company appear without repeating themselves. I would like to use this table because it is perfect for me (it is already made)

I have another supply purchasing table and I have to unpack them. Every time I unpack an input, the quantity I am unpacking must be loaded into the other non-repeating input table 1, in a cell. Does anyone know how this could be done?

Solved Solved
0 5 202
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

#1 - The "Execute an action.." is triggered from the Purchasing table.
#2 - You select the Reference as Table#1
#3 - You need to create a list of key values with the expression. But in this case, it needs to be only one. You probably have that info in the Purchasing record, so you can write it like LIST([YourColumn])
#4 - Then you need to create an action in Table#1
#5 - That action needs to read the value from the latest Purchase record and make the subtraction. And of course it can read more than just for one column as the action needs to be "set the values of some columns in this row".
#6 - Then trigger the "Execute an action.." with the Form view's Event action.

Something like that ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

I'm going to leave the solution well explained so that I can keep it as a record in the future, in case someone wants to use this as well:

The first thing I did was create an action that configures the value of a cell, for the destination table (in this case inputs table that contains the inputs without repeating). This action looks for the input in the "purchases" table and adds all the inputs that have been unpacked with a formula like SUM(SELECT([Related Purchases][Content],[Unpackaged]=TRUE)), and the one configured not visible.

I went to the purchases table and created an action "Execute an action for a set of rows" I set it Inline and told it to execute this previous action on the source table (in this case "purchases") and then apply it to the destination table ("Inputs"), executing the action for all inputs that match the purchased input.

Create another "unpack" action that changes the status of the [Unpacked] column to TRUE

Then create an action that executes a set of actions and joins both previous ones. This is what works.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

One way is to use "Execute an action on a set of rows". When using action, you need to read the value from the latest "unpack" for example with a Timestamp.

Thankyou very much @AleksiAlkio 

What I did is the following. I first targeted all rows in the target table that match the current input (execute an action on a set of rows)

What action? I went to the target table and created an action (add all quantities that match the input in the previous table)

I returned to the source table and designated that the action to be executed on a set of rows is the one I just created in the destination table.

When I click, nothing happens. I would not want to create a virtual column since it is data that I need calculated in the sheet.

#1 - The "Execute an action.." is triggered from the Purchasing table.
#2 - You select the Reference as Table#1
#3 - You need to create a list of key values with the expression. But in this case, it needs to be only one. You probably have that info in the Purchasing record, so you can write it like LIST([YourColumn])
#4 - Then you need to create an action in Table#1
#5 - That action needs to read the value from the latest Purchase record and make the subtraction. And of course it can read more than just for one column as the action needs to be "set the values of some columns in this row".
#6 - Then trigger the "Execute an action.." with the Form view's Event action.

Something like that ๐Ÿ™‚

ok @AleksiAlkio I'll try it tomorrow and let you know!!! thank you so much

I'm going to leave the solution well explained so that I can keep it as a record in the future, in case someone wants to use this as well:

The first thing I did was create an action that configures the value of a cell, for the destination table (in this case inputs table that contains the inputs without repeating). This action looks for the input in the "purchases" table and adds all the inputs that have been unpacked with a formula like SUM(SELECT([Related Purchases][Content],[Unpackaged]=TRUE)), and the one configured not visible.

I went to the purchases table and created an action "Execute an action for a set of rows" I set it Inline and told it to execute this previous action on the source table (in this case "purchases") and then apply it to the destination table ("Inputs"), executing the action for all inputs that match the purchased input.

Create another "unpack" action that changes the status of the [Unpacked] column to TRUE

Then create an action that executes a set of actions and joins both previous ones. This is what works.

Top Labels in this Space