Add filter capability on top of the columns

Please add a capability of filter on top of the columns in excel.
This site has this feature.
www.openasapp.net

When i upload my excel data there is a filter button on top of any column and I can sort and select data as any parameters that I want. ( Exactly like Excel software)

I wish appsheet had this capability

Status Under Review
77 19 2,959
19 Comments
Arthur_Rallu
Staff

A feature that addresses this problem is now part of the Preview Program and you can test the feature (see Filters in AppSheet applications - in Preview Program).

Please leave comments in that fitlering announcement post.
Thank you

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Not Planned
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Virtual columns are always calculated. You can have a column that is Auto Computed on any changes to the row but it needs to be a physical column that is stored in your data store and not virtual. It cannot be virtual as it needs to be persisted somewhere in order not to be recalculated every time. Since AppSheet does not store the data for you (unless using an AppSheet database) the column needs to be stored in your provider.

Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Column headers in table view now support sorting - Preview. Filtering isn't available on the column header but hidden behind the search icon in the app header. I can't tell if that's good enough to close this request. Getting this feature out of preview and into GA is up for consideration for Q1 2023, but we can't commit to an availability date just yet.