workspace gmail draft

Hello,  

Last time I tried deleting all the drafts in my workspace gmail , after doing this, I found that some emails I received just a few hours ago were missing,    later I found that by deleting drafts, I had deleted all the inbox emails that associated with the draft email,  how come this make sense to anyone???

for example, you write an email but didn't finish it, so it automatically got saved in draft folder, then you deleted the draft, but the fact is that, the inbox email also got deleted along with the draft itself.

Do you think this make sense?

Solved Solved
2 6 1,676
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi 
I know it quite challenges you can use the restore data option from the console to retrieve back the emails 
restore data .jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

This doesn't make sense at all.  I don't delete drafts often but I've done it occasionally and if I lost all my related emails, it would be a major panic.

Are you using the gmail web interface for your mail client when this occurred or something else?  -KAM

Hello
Yes
I used chrome browser to access my workspace gmail., To my surprise,when I
contacted Google workspace live chat support , all they told me is ,this is
normal, and told me that if I deleted the draft I wrote , for example , A
sent me an email just now, then I started composing a reply to A, but
didn't finish it , so it was automatically saved as draft , then I deleted
this draft from draft folder ,
But the email that I received from A also got automatically deleted all
because I deleted draft ,
I couldn't believe it, Google live chat support agent confirmed that this
is normal

Hi Kam, thanks for your reply, I found a fix for this by using the " Discard draft" feature

Hi 
I know it quite challenges you can use the restore data option from the console to retrieve back the emails 
restore data .jpg

Hi,

Yes, I've realised today of the same thing. For me this does not make sense. It seems that if you use the option "discard draft" the related email is not deleted, just the draft.

Yes, I also found this out , thanks for the reply!