Chart on various columns of one record

hi
in my dashboard i have different views, and i like to add a chart view related only to the selected record (as every views).
Every records ha 4/5 columns with values, iโ€™d like to have a chart based on those values and not based on values of every records
is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 8 1,286
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you got it. Since you can create a ref from the graph table to other tables using that ID column, you can have the chart as inline view where you need it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Unfortunately, it doesnโ€™t look like thereโ€™s an easy way to do this. If you are ok with seeing it in the gsheet, you could consider sparklines.

thanks
unfortunely i have to give that report to my customers, so i cannot use gsheet.
maybe iโ€™ll work with slices

How many rows do you need the charts for?

basically i have to make two kind of chart

1. pie chart: in this chart i have a โ€œtotal valueโ€ that is splitted in different values (e.g. number of total expenses/kind of expenses). but there will be just 4/5 different values to show

2. a line graphic, in which i show 5 year of an investment

like this

every value obviously is in the same record

thanks for the interest

iโ€™m thinking to make a new table (called โ€œgraphโ€) in which the columns are the id of the applicant, and the rows are the various values i have to show in graphs

when i start the dashboard the โ€œgraphโ€ table will fill with the values of the applicant, so i can make a graph using rowsโ€ฆ
then the table should be blanked

do you think itโ€™s a good idea?

Yes, if each applicant has one row in your original table and you use applicant Id or user email as key in your โ€œgraphโ€ table, you could use Virtual columns to pull in the appropriate values for the chart.

so you mean to make another table called โ€œgraphโ€ in which i have the first column with ID of applicants, and then virtual columns in which i have all values i want to show, right?

so i can use for the graph just one row? (the applicant i need)?

Yes, you got it. Since you can create a ref from the graph table to other tables using that ID column, you can have the chart as inline view where you need it.

Top Labels in this Space