Dynamic inputs to add rows in another table

I have been trying to use the expression input() to add rows to another table, but it seems that the dynamic input is not recognized, as it is my first time using this fuction, i dont know if iโ€™m wrong or as it is a beta fuction it is not working as it should.

1. First I have created an action to add the rows to another table:

3X_4_4_44138005abf226b43c087eaef0c9d10a66ae48cb.png

1. Then i have put an expression to call the dynamic input from the parent table:

3X_1_3_13f2748c4bb84e3d1bf0f80a4563cca64a0c4f0c.png

1. Last i add an action to execute from the parent table and declared the input โ€œid orรงamentoโ€ to be the value from the row [id orรงamento]:

3X_a_e_ae6818ea18b6fe471017e35eb39a0626644fc853.png

Result:

It has been a wild ride to put this function working, if anyone could help i would be much obliged.

Solved Solved
0 5 1,206
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have recently found a solution for the problem,

The ideia is, as i have some inputs to add to a third table that is not in the parent table but i can access if from the actual table, i can create a webhook to appsheet API to carry these values.

If anyone is interest in how to make the automation you could access these two topics.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

At this time you cannot use INPUT() within a โ€œdata add a new rowโ€ Action.

It is Possible.

3X_3_9_39f056e1779e811ad2c6fb10c0e2e05673a6559f.png

Add a New Row to Another Table Means, Table 1 is the base table where your View is linked. Therefore, the INPUT value need to pass to the Table1, then following the relationship the value will go to Table 2 where you create Another row to Table2 or Update it. I have have done it using action following this rule. Actually this AppSheet basic logic. Appsheet all the time bound to a table and that table is its main business.

Yes I mentioned previously in my thread, as well. Anyway, Great.

I have recently found a solution for the problem,

The ideia is, as i have some inputs to add to a third table that is not in the parent table but i can access if from the actual table, i can create a webhook to appsheet API to carry these values.

If anyone is interest in how to make the automation you could access these two topics.

Another solution that works for me was to first create an action to add the rows then create another action to edit the rows using the input() expression and then create a third action to execute the other two at the same time.

Top Labels in this Space