How to stop creating system generated actions when column includes email adresses

I am following this advice to limit users to their own data.

Problem: No matter how I name the column including the email address(es) there is always a system generated action “compose email”. So every record show in the tables have an entry “compose email”

This does not make sense hence the user shall not write an email to himself.

0 5 199
5 REPLIES 5

You just don’t include that column when you are showing that data in table and same in the detail view as well sir then there won’t be any email business itself

You can edit system actions related to email and play with show_if expressions to hide them

Any Email column will get a system-generated “compose email” Action. You cannot stop that from happening. Other column types have their own Actions as well (view-ref for Ref, view map for Address, etc…). But you can simply hide them if you need to:

Change the column TYPE to "text" instead of email

Then email validation will not kick in and you will have to setup your own valid_if.

Which is ok if your will accept entries like "no email" or "n/a" from the users.

I would agree with @Marc_Dillon . Simply hit the do noy display option.  It sucks for many of us who are already well versed in Appsheet. But it maybe helpful for those who are just starting so that they know there are those options.

Top Labels in this Space