Is there an appsheet expression to join a tex...

Is there an appsheet expression to join a text with a count

In google sheets I have the formula: =G2&":"& countif($G$2:G,$G$2)

Can that translate into an app expression?

0 7 348
7 REPLIES 7

@Ellen_Sligh1 =CONCATENATE([ColumnName],":",COUNT(SELECT(TableName[ColumnName],{Yes/No})))

nice try - no luck

@Ellen_Sligh1 Iโ€™m not aware about your sheet, your sheet structure and even your data. Iโ€™m also not aware what you want to concatenate and whatโ€™s that COUNTIF sheet formula is all about. The sheet formula that you have typed is transcribed as per AppSheet expression and itโ€™s correct in structure. There is no COUNTIF function in AppSheet and you have to simulate it with a COUNT(SELECT(โ€ฆ)) expression.

So; if itโ€™s not working just check your SELECT expressionโ€™s conditional sentence ({Yes/No} part at the end or elaborate your query.

@Ellen_Sligh1

Or you can try one of these: =CONCATENATE([ColumnName],":",TEXT(COUNT(SELECT(TableName[ColumnName],{Yes/No}))))

=CONCATENATE([ColumnName],":",CONCATENATE(COUNT(SELECT(TableName[ColumnName],{Yes/No}))))

Great - will do

Its about counting a specific text and how many times it occurs in a column - then in another column I wanted to join the word being counted with the sum total of the count such as :

Blue:1 or Red:4.

@Ellen_Sligh1

Are these words solely โ€œBlueโ€ or โ€œRedโ€? OR are they inside a sentence i.e. โ€œThis is a blue colorโ€? Iโ€™m asking this because it matters for the True/False conditional statement for counting them.

the column has 1 word per cell

Top Labels in this Space