Continuing the discussion from Scheduled workflow based on NOW(). Triggers is like for every second:
(FYI: the actual feature request specifics are down below)
Let’s say I want to build a system that would “watch” for certain events, and upon finding something that triggered it - an email would be sent out to notify someone.
- This is different from a triggered mechanism because:
- if no one is using the system, then the notifications won’t go out.
If I wanted to build a system using Automation, this would require me to build 1 “Event” for each “time I wanted the system to check things” - if that makes sense.
- These would be scheduled events - like 1:00 am
- Let’s say I wanted to create a system to run every hour
- that would require 24 separate events - one for each hour of the day.
- If I wanted it to run every 30 minutes
- I’d need 48 separate events
- If I wanted it to run every 5 minutes
- I’d need 288 separate events.
I’m fine with this setup, I see how it makes things easy to run on the server in-mass.
- One-for-one, a list of “event records” all ordered based on their trigger time, and the system just runs down the list.
- I would like the ability to use multiple events to trigger a single bot.
This way I only have to create X number of events;
- Currently I’ll have to duplicate Bots & Events
If I could use X number of events to trigger the same bot, then I wouldn’t have to duplicate the bots.
As always, thanks for considering!