Order Capture Order Details

Hi Guys!

In the app that I am building I am implementing an Order Capture, so what I did I copied all tables and settings for each column on the Order Capture sample app on Appsheet. Although I have looked into almost all details it seems I am missing one which I am asking your help to understand how to accomplish.

the ADD button to insert records on the Order Details table. (see attached pic)

Can someone please point me in the right direction

Solved Solved
0 14 1,589
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Derek3

Hi Luis,

Glad that helped!

You can change the label for the โ€œNewโ€ button by going to UX > Localize.

A common way to modify the sequence of columns in a form is by using slices. The sample app is already setup with a slice. You can find it by going to Data > Slices > Open Orders. In this case, the field you are interested in is called โ€œOrder Details.โ€ You can drag this field up or down in the โ€œSlice Columnsโ€ section. The sequence of fields in the form will match the sequence of columns in the slice.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Do you want to remove it?

Inside the reference settings for the child table (the table with the reference column - aka โ€œOrder Detailsโ€) there will be a setting: Is A Part Of - turn that off and that โ€œin-formโ€ way of adding records will go away.

I have searched for this
โ€œInside the reference settings for the child table (the table with the reference column - aka โ€œOrder Detailsโ€) there will be a setting: Is A Part Of - turn that off and that โ€œin-formโ€โ€

and canโ€™t find itโ€ฆ please help

I donโ€™t want to remove itโ€ฆ I want to recreate this action on the app that I am building which somehow I am not managing to make this button show up

Derek3

Hi Luis,

You can find this setting by going to Data > Columns > Order Details > Order Id.

Click the edit icon next to the Order Id column to open the settings for the Order Id column. This is where youโ€™ll find the setting Matt refered to.

The โ€œIs a part ofโ€ setting lives in the column of the child table that is referencing the parent table. In this case, the โ€œIs a part ofโ€ setting lives in the โ€œOrder Idโ€ column of the โ€œOrder Detailsโ€ table (child) and references the โ€œOrderโ€ table (parent). By toggling this on, it allows you to create new records in the child table from the form that is associated with the parent table. Just like the sample app!

Hi Derek,

I canโ€™t thank you enoughโ€ฆ
I have 2 additional questions:
I can now see the button but the button says โ€œnewโ€, how can I change it to โ€œaddโ€
And, this button now shows at bottom of the form how can I move it in the order I desire on the โ€œOrderโ€'s form?

thank again

Derek3

Hi Luis,

Glad that helped!

You can change the label for the โ€œNewโ€ button by going to UX > Localize.

A common way to modify the sequence of columns in a form is by using slices. The sample app is already setup with a slice. You can find it by going to Data > Slices > Open Orders. In this case, the field you are interested in is called โ€œOrder Details.โ€ You can drag this field up or down in the โ€œSlice Columnsโ€ section. The sequence of fields in the form will match the sequence of columns in the slice.

Thank a Lot!!!

Hi @Tan_Wee_Kuang
You have to go to Data and then Columns. See into the Column Open Order details and check if there is not anything unchecked.

Iโ€™ll let you 2 pictures just in case and hope you fix it.

And also check the column Order Detail and make sure is part of is checked.

thank. But it is still same problem .

Did you check into the UX if orders details are showing in the columns?

i have the same problem

how can i check the ux ?

Hello guys, I have same issue. I done everthing. I will drop some pictures to look at it what I have wrong.

Pleas help me.

Order Details and Order tables:

Order Details and Order tablesOrder Details and Order tables

Slices:

Screenshot 2023-01-14 195142.jpg

Order Details -> Order ID

Screenshot 2023-01-14 195245.jpg

Ordes: Related Order Details (virtual):

Screenshot 2023-01-14 195245.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-14 195529.jpg

But it is visible when I click on order detail.

Screenshot 2023-01-14 200015.jpg

I am really confused. I hope someone can help me.

Please start a new topic for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space