Update: UX color scheme

I’ve just been refreshing one of my apps for the year, and was also astonished that choosing a different “primary color” meant the lovely coloured header and footer areas just turned white and I can’t do anything about it. It looks so boring now. Surely this is a bug rather than an improvement?
Is there any outlook on when it can be fixed please?

1 Like

You’re not alone, @Chris_Green. The forums are full of other users upset by this change and AppSheet is aware.

They keep mentioning that this is an incremental change and hinting towards some larger improvement, but have not said if this specific option will return.

I like the new Light/Dark options, and I understand the need to roll out major UI updates in phases. I’m really hoping that this is just the first step at giving us much more control over the UI- including changing the header colors again.

AppSheet has been a lot better about listening to community feedback lately. And of all the recent changes, this one seems to have the most negative responses in the forums.

Overall, I’m happy with the platform and think the dev’s are doing great work.

All we can do is keep providing feedback and hope the next update addresses the issues we are most vocal about.

7 Likes

I think they should at least add the option to restore it, or maybe a pop up warning… Lots of people are pretty upset about it…

6 Likes

Come on guys… bring back the color options, please !

1 Like

Hello, could you give us an estimate date for the return of the color please? so we can communicate it to our customers thanks

4 Likes

Update please. Another 6 weeks and I am now affected by this terrible situation. My App which used to be a lovely blue now looks like total garbage and the only way for me to fix it is to roll back an entire days worth of coding work? C’mon team - either fix it or give us some sort of workaround ASAP!

1 Like

Hi everyone. While I don’t have a firm answer for anyone yet on a timeline, I want you all to know we see your frustration. As soon as I have information available for you all I’ll post it to this thread.

5 Likes

I am sure that the UX will be fixed to a much better, however, while waiting on it, I have a workaround that I am using right now to keep the colors. I share the link here, just in-case someone have not read it yet and might also found it useful for the time-being.

1 Like

following waiting for more colorful themes

Hi

I noticed that my white label Android app no longer display the slightly darker app color at the top notification bar in Android. Can you bring back that feature?

Hello,

I’ve noticed in the thread that the UX color scheme was to be updated since last year. Will there be any big changes to the App coming soon? I’m a new user working with my first App and I really would like to become a steady and master Appsheet App creator. I hope we will have more options soon!

2 Likes

Hi @Fabio_Martinez there are a few updates that have been made available to our UX functionality. The color picker has recently been rolled out and creates a much richer UX experience.

1 Like