Can I have a search function for the enumlist drop down

Hi guys,

I need multiple input to my row.
Thatโ€™s why I used Enumlist as a column type.

Enumlist with Ref to another table. Anyhow, the enumlist drop down shows nothing. Due to that I setup Valid_if formula to reference to the data source data, and then the enumlist drop down shows something.

Can I have a search bar on top of the enumlist drop down to key in some keywords to further filter down the drop down ?

Thanks guys !!

Solved Solved
0 18 1,517
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@happy_farmer
1.) It seems you havenโ€™t specified the item delimiter/seperator
2.) Unless your enumlist dropdown values are limited and not scrolling, thereโ€™s no searching functionality because thereโ€™s no meaning for it
3.) With which expression are you populating the enumlist values? You havenโ€™t specified any values to it, so you shall be using either a Valid_If or Suggested_Values property to populate the content with an expression.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Hi.
All enum and enumlist have a standard search field on top.
If you use enumlist in combination with REF, you nedd to create a list of the REF values eg. FILTER() or SELECT() etc.
You gave to little detailed info to know your issue.

Hi Khuslid,

I know enum and enumlist hava a standard search field on top.
But i donโ€™t know why it doesnโ€™t appear on my appโ€ฆ

And below is my column setupโ€ฆcan you found anything wrong ?

Thank you!

Is it possible to know how many options you have under Fruits ID in the backend table? Currently, image of the drop down shows 5 options.

Hi Suvrutt !

I have 6 entires, i also dont know why the last entry doesnโ€™t populate into the enumlistโ€ฆ

3X_c_9_c995ed56ab9ccd8221570b23e82fd8bbd0628b78.png

Thank you.

Thank you. Can you please try adding say 6 more (making total 12) and try the drop down again?

@happy_farmer
1.) It seems you havenโ€™t specified the item delimiter/seperator
2.) Unless your enumlist dropdown values are limited and not scrolling, thereโ€™s no searching functionality because thereโ€™s no meaning for it
3.) With which expression are you populating the enumlist values? You havenโ€™t specified any values to it, so you shall be using either a Valid_If or Suggested_Values property to populate the content with an expression.

Hi @LeventK,

Eaxctly. Thank you. It is the reason I had requested @happy_farmer to add another 6 so that scrolling starts showing.

He seems to be using valid if for populating the field.

Hi Survrutt,

Yup i add more fruits into the list and yes i am using valid if to populating the field.

I wonder why we need to populating the field by using Valid_Ifโ€ฆ

Doesnโ€™t this not enough to define the field ? But anyway, I learned something from your guys. Thanks for teaching!!

Hi LeventK

I followed your suggestion, and it is working now!

I have another question:

1. Am i using the Valid_If correctly ? Refer to below photo.
  2. Do you know any sample app or links for me to understand Suggested_Values ? This is also new to me.

Thatโ€™s OK as long as list values appear to be unique in the column.

You are using a REF type enumlist. Using Suggested_Values property, will add the New item to the beginning of the dropdown list which will let the user to be able to add a new fruit record. If thatโ€™s not the intention, keep the expression in Valid_if.

Hi @LeventK,

Fully understand what you are trying to say !
Thank you very much!

If you would have time please help me also on my another problemโ€ฆ

Thank you so much!

@happy_farmer
Maybe check this thread and solution by @Suvrutt_Gurjar

@Lynn,
Iโ€™m afraid the solution that @Suvrutt_Gurjar had proposed in that thread is to hide the hamburger menu and the magnifying glass on top tier of the app. The issue that @happy_farmer is trying to query is totally different.

OOps

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the information !

I tried that one, but thatโ€™s not the solution for my troubleโ€ฆ

Thank you !

@LeventK & @Suvrutt_Gurjar

thanks for the solution both of you. Thereโ€™s only 1 post that can be selected as โ€œsolutionโ€, sorry for that.

If you guys would willing to give some advise to me for my another problemโ€ฆ

Please and thank you very much!

Hi @happy_farmer,

Glad that your issue is solved. Could you please mark @LeventKโ€™ s post as the solution, His solution post was more detailed with proper reasoning.

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar,

Yup, i marked @LeventK post as solution. Done It

If you would have time please help me on my other problemโ€ฆ

Thank you very much!

Top Labels in this Space