Can I have a search function for the enumlist drop down

Hi guys,

I need multiple input to my row.
That’s why I used Enumlist as a column type.

Enumlist with Ref to another table. Anyhow, the enumlist drop down shows nothing. Due to that I setup Valid_if formula to reference to the data source data, and then the enumlist drop down shows something.

Can I have a search bar on top of the enumlist drop down to key in some keywords to further filter down the drop down ?

Thanks guys !!

Solved Solved
0 18 1,501
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@happy_farmer
1.) It seems you haven’t specified the item delimiter/seperator
2.) Unless your enumlist dropdown values are limited and not scrolling, there’s no searching functionality because there’s no meaning for it
3.) With which expression are you populating the enumlist values? You haven’t specified any values to it, so you shall be using either a Valid_If or Suggested_Values property to populate the content with an expression.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Hi.
All enum and enumlist have a standard search field on top.
If you use enumlist in combination with REF, you nedd to create a list of the REF values eg. FILTER() or SELECT() etc.
You gave to little detailed info to know your issue.

Hi Khuslid,

I know enum and enumlist hava a standard search field on top.
But i don’t know why it doesn’t appear on my app…

And below is my column setup…can you found anything wrong ?

Thank you!

Is it possible to know how many options you have under Fruits ID in the backend table? Currently, image of the drop down shows 5 options.

Hi Suvrutt !

I have 6 entires, i also dont know why the last entry doesn’t populate into the enumlist…

3X_c_9_c995ed56ab9ccd8221570b23e82fd8bbd0628b78.png

Thank you.

Thank you. Can you please try adding say 6 more (making total 12) and try the drop down again?

@happy_farmer
1.) It seems you haven’t specified the item delimiter/seperator
2.) Unless your enumlist dropdown values are limited and not scrolling, there’s no searching functionality because there’s no meaning for it
3.) With which expression are you populating the enumlist values? You haven’t specified any values to it, so you shall be using either a Valid_If or Suggested_Values property to populate the content with an expression.

Hi @LeventK,

Eaxctly. Thank you. It is the reason I had requested @happy_farmer to add another 6 so that scrolling starts showing.

He seems to be using valid if for populating the field.

Hi Survrutt,

Yup i add more fruits into the list and yes i am using valid if to populating the field.

I wonder why we need to populating the field by using Valid_If…

Doesn’t this not enough to define the field ? But anyway, I learned something from your guys. Thanks for teaching!!

Hi LeventK

I followed your suggestion, and it is working now!

I have another question:

1. Am i using the Valid_If correctly ? Refer to below photo.
  2. Do you know any sample app or links for me to understand Suggested_Values ? This is also new to me.

That’s OK as long as list values appear to be unique in the column.

You are using a REF type enumlist. Using Suggested_Values property, will add the New item to the beginning of the dropdown list which will let the user to be able to add a new fruit record. If that’s not the intention, keep the expression in Valid_if.

Hi @LeventK,

Fully understand what you are trying to say !
Thank you very much!

If you would have time please help me also on my another problem…

Thank you so much!

@happy_farmer
Maybe check this thread and solution by @Suvrutt_Gurjar

@Lynn,
I’m afraid the solution that @Suvrutt_Gurjar had proposed in that thread is to hide the hamburger menu and the magnifying glass on top tier of the app. The issue that @happy_farmer is trying to query is totally different.

OOps

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the information !

I tried that one, but that’s not the solution for my trouble…

Thank you !

@LeventK & @Suvrutt_Gurjar

thanks for the solution both of you. There’s only 1 post that can be selected as “solution”, sorry for that.

If you guys would willing to give some advise to me for my another problem…

Please and thank you very much!

Hi @happy_farmer,

Glad that your issue is solved. Could you please mark @LeventK’ s post as the solution, His solution post was more detailed with proper reasoning.

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar,

Yup, i marked @LeventK post as solution. Done It

If you would have time please help me on my other problem…

Thank you very much!

Top Labels in this Space