Custom action for multi select

Can I have a custom action (other than the default delete button) for when I multiselect rows?

I want the action to open up a form and I want the selected rows to be a list type in a column of another table.

So select multiple rows in Table A, click action. Action opens up a form that creates a new row on Table B with a prefilled column containing a list of the multiple Table A rows that was selected.

Solved Solved
0 1 823
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. Actions that can be applied to multiple rows will show up under the “3 dots” button next to the trash can.

This isn’t exactly possible though. The action would need to run on all selected rows individually.

One option that you can do, is to run a “selection” action on the multiple selected rows, which simply marks them somehow via a “set the values of some columns” action. Then in a separate action, forward the user with LINKTOFORM, and have a field that pulls in all of the “selected” rows from the first action.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Yes. Actions that can be applied to multiple rows will show up under the “3 dots” button next to the trash can.

This isn’t exactly possible though. The action would need to run on all selected rows individually.

One option that you can do, is to run a “selection” action on the multiple selected rows, which simply marks them somehow via a “set the values of some columns” action. Then in a separate action, forward the user with LINKTOFORM, and have a field that pulls in all of the “selected” rows from the first action.

Top Labels in this Space