How many licences..?

Hello allโ€ฆ

I have a question regarding licences (Appsheet dot com). I just want to try to understand who/what is considered a โ€œuserโ€. I have one licence from Appsheet dot com but it appears that I can send the app to other people (by email invite link - it is a private app) and they can use it.

So does the โ€œuserโ€ (from a licencing point of view) just refer to the โ€œdeveloperโ€ (me in this case). Are people who consume the app considered โ€œusersโ€ for licencing purposesโ€ฆ?

Thanks,

RoryF

Solved Solved
1 7 263
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Rory_Forde,

This article below should give a pretty great rundown on what is considered a user for you.

Article: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2382138-users-the-essentials

Have a good one!
Cale

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hey Rory_Forde,

This article below should give a pretty great rundown on what is considered a user for you.

Article: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2382138-users-the-essentials

Have a good one!
Cale

Thanks Caleโ€ฆ

I think that explains it well - and also explains how I was able to share an app to 3 others without the apparent need for more licencesโ€ฆ I guess I will need to consider it a little bit more.

As a follow upโ€ฆ if I run out of licences would I get an email or some notice from Appsheet to say I need more licencesโ€ฆ?

Regards,

RoryF

I will answer this one myself - got an email this morningโ€ฆ

AFAIK a user is someone logging into the App via a brower or an installed App

What you do in the definion doesnโ€™t count. But if you install the App on your phone, even if you use the same email as your appsheet account, this counts as one user.

Thanks for the reply Simonโ€ฆ

If I understand that properly it is the number of users in the Appsheet.com account - not the number of users who consume the app?

Regards,

RoryF

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Just in case you are interested in such a featureโ€ฆ

@1minManager @QREW_Cale

Top Labels in this Space