How to add chat function?

how to add chat function? It is easy ?Glide is easy to set up chat function.

0 9 3,282
9 REPLIES 9

@toshihide_takeda
You may want to check this:

How do I show the number of mailboxes or unread notifications. As shown in the picture, I circle it in black.

Thanks you!

@Le_Van_Luyen
You need to use a combination of CONCATENATE() and COUNT() expressions in the Display Name of the UX View.
CONCATENATE("Inbox( ",COUNT(...)," )")
or
"Inbox ("&COUNT(...)&" )"

Muito bom , pode disponibiliza o template?

thanks

Is there similar app???

I cant make same function.

I need template

@toshihide_takeda
These are all custom solutions therefore there is no sample app. The logic is quite simple to build, so you need to make your hands a bit dirty

Thanks you so much!

You’re welcome.

@Le_Van_Luyen , @LeventK, @toshihide_takeda

Curious if you could use Google Chat if that were available as a Data Source? Would this be an interesting new Feature for AppSheet?

1. Do you use Google Chat already as a messaging tool?
  2. Or, do you use some other messaging tool like WhatsApp, Slack, MS Teams, other?

FYI: There is a nice post by @tsuji_koichi here on how to post messages to a Google Chat Room or conversation using a Workflow Action.

And finally, here is a great post by @LeventK with instructions for how to build an app (with a link to a sample app you can start from) where you use a Sheet as your data source for In-App messaging - with an inbox, sent folder, drafts, deleted items, archive, etc… It’s pretty slick and you could check this out if you just want to use AppSheet as your “chat” tool without dependency on something like Google Chat or WhatsApp, etc…

R,
Scott

Top Labels in this Space