Scanning QR Codes

Hi. I have 2 copies of the same QR Code that I need to scan. When I scan the black QR code it works instantaneously and returns the correct value every time but when I scan the white one it can’t seem to scan it and one the odd occasion it does scan it populates the field with a bunch of numbers. I downloaded an external QR Code scanner which scans both and returns the correct value for both everytime without issue.

Is there anything you could maybe advise on as a possible issue?
Image attached)

Thanks.

0 14 1,111
14 REPLIES 14

@Gil Any thoughts?

Seems the appsheet default code scanner is unable to read the qr code whose background colour is change from black to white (reversal one).

Seems odd. We’re just using the regular Scandit scanner

The white one is not in standard QR code format - https://www.keyence.com/ss/products/auto_id/barcode_lecture/basic_2d/qr/index.jsp

As @tsuji_koichi says, its using inverted colours

My guess its reading the black bits rather than the white bits. Hence its returning completely the wrong characters

Simon@1minManager.com

Thank you for the responses. So for scanning is there a way to select an alternative scanner when I load up the form? I have installed a scanner which seems to scan both versions consistently.

@MauriceWhelan - as you can see from this article, it appears that your grey QR is not only grey, but also has colors “inverted”, which may cause many barcode readers to fail. Use at your own risk.

Thank you for the heads up @Mike

Hi @MauriceWhelan, I’m curious where is the inverted QR coming from? Are you printing it yourself?

Hi @Gil. No we are not printing them. We have been given them by a customer who we are processing product for. Not sure who supplied them with the codes.

and from what I can tell… if \they watch the contrast ratio, you can still use Grey … just not the inverted pattern…

@MauriceWhelan, I’ve added support for inverted qr codes.
It will be included in the next PlayStore/AppStore update.

Thank you @Gil. Could you advise on a time frame for the next update?

iOS should get an update soon (maybe a week or 2). Android would probably take a bit longer then that.

Thank you

Top Labels in this Space