September 9, 2022

willwitman
Staff

Deployment Time: 12:16 PST

Features & enhancements

Item Description
Feature In the desktop UI (Preview), you can now navigate back from expanded ref views or expanded dashboards using a breadcrumb navigation interface.

Bug fixes

Item Description
Bug Unresponsive horizontal scroll bars in Chrome

An issue was fixed that was introduced in Chrome version 105 that caused the horizontal scroll bar in Table views to become difficult or impossible to click and drag on some operating systems.

Bug In the desktop UI (Preview), App creators can now override the name of a tab by setting the display name property on a view.

Rollout changes

None.

Preview announcements

The AppSheet Preview program lets app creators try out new app features that are not yet fully supported. Learn how to participate in the AppSheet preview program for app client features.

• No new preview features were released today.

What's currently available in the Preview program?

Item Description
Feature Table view

Table View now supports freezing the first column while scrolling horizontally. For details, see Freezing the first Column of a Table View - in Preview Program.

Feature Chart Editor

App Creators can now make use of our new chart editor and the new and improved charts it can create. Learn more.

Feature Detail views

Rich text formatting is now available in Detail views. For details, see this announcement in the community.

2 8 406
Authors
8 Comments
SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

@willwitman wrote:

In the desktop UI (Preview), you can now navigate back from expanded ref views or expanded dashboards using a breadcrumb navigation interface.

Was excited for this but sadly is not working

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

@willwitman wrote:

In the desktop UI (Preview), App creators can now override the name of a tab by setting the display name property on a view.

Not working either

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

@willwitman wrote:

ItemDescriptionFeatureIn the desktop UI (Preview), you can now navigate back from expanded ref views or expanded dashboards using a breadcrumb navigation interface.

This is a good one, thank you.

And thank you also to look after the localization this action name as well. 💯

Snag_26bbd59d.png

@Arthur_Rallu 

@takuya_miyai 

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

Actually we need the same functionalities for dashboard view as well, I e quick action back to dashboard view once we leave from dashboard by selecting one of line items from list on dashboard. Currently it is impossible which is making us difficult to navigate. 

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

Actually we need the same functionalities for dashboard view as well, I e quick action back to dashboard view once we leave from dashboard by selecting one of line items from list on dashboard. Currently it is impossible which is making us difficult to navigate. 

I mean this with new dashboard UX

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

@willwitman wrote:

In the desktop UI (Preview), you can now navigate back from expanded ref views or expanded dashboards using a breadcrumb navigation interface.

Can you share an screenshot because I still can't see this behavior

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

@SkrOYC wrote:

I still can't see this behavior

BTW, clearing cache did the trick.

Love the new breadcrums @Arthur_Rallu @Summer1 

Summer1
Staff

@Koichi_Tsuji wrote:

When I navigate to a record, I get breadcrumbs like this:

Summer1_0-1663192214810.png

Are you getting something different?