FREE Chrome Extension that enhances the Expression Assistant [AppSheet Toolbox/QREW Tools]

Hi AppSheet Community

As someone who is in the App Editor 24/7, I frequently catch myself trying to remember the syntax for a particular expression, re-reading a formula several times to figure out where my missing parentheses are, or searching my mind for some fancy formula I put together ages ago.

I know many of you have experienced the same.

To make life a little easier on our favorite app making platform, the QREW Technologies team has released the first version of a Chrome Extension, QREW TOOLS, that adds some cool features to help address those pain points:

LIVE EXPRESSION FORMATTING
2X_f_f12f247e5ac91dc82a36536f51b16ff6d3950fe5.gif

IN-EDITOR DOCUMENTATION SEARCHING

SAVE AND INSERT CUSTOM FORMULA SNIPPETS

I hope you guys enjoy this and that it helps you get more enjoyment and productivity out of the AppSheet Platform.

Please give me a shout if you have any feature suggestions or find any bugs

105 226 20.4K
226 REPLIES 226

@Steve, @JoeBirk, @Landan_Quartemont, @QREW_Cam, and others, weโ€™ve just noticed the issue as well.

Weโ€™re investigating and will hopefully get a fix out in the next day or two.

Same but only on new windows that I have opened sometime today. Was very confused

I noticed a very odd AppSheet thing yesterdayโ€ฆ

I changed an expression then saved and did a sync but the old expression lingered. I repeated the process and the old expression persisted until I did a browser refreshโ€ฆ!

Also, intermittently, whilst in a form, the editor kept freezing for long periods. The issue presented exactly like a network connectivity delays

Could this be related to the Expression Editor issueโ€ฆ?

Yes please do:) I now realized how useful this feature is, when I lost it!

FYI :: As an interim measure (to deal with matching parenthesis etc) Iโ€™m using Notepad++

Looking forward to having QREWโ€™s Chrome extension back!

3X_b_a_ba7e4b3a18a855da46fc0c882d4578e283608242.png

UPDATE: Weโ€™ve worked out a fix for the issue and a new version of QREW Tools should be rolling out to your browsers automatically in the next few days.

Thanks @Stefan_Quartemontโ€ฆ Very pleased to hear thatโ€ฆ! Life without your Chrome extension is toughโ€ฆ Cheersโ€ฆ

@Arthur_Rallu - Would you be able to share what was updated in the Expression Assistant in this last roll-out? DM would be preferable

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Feature request: provide a way to collapse/hide of the expression explanation. I virtually never want to see it.

@Steve How would you feel if the Examples Collapse button also collapsed the Expression Explanation?

Thatโ€™d work for me. I donโ€™t use either.

@Stefan_Quartemont this thing back up and running yet?!

Sho is!

Working for me!

Its really amazing

Thanks @Rifadm817! Iโ€™m glad you enjoy it. Weโ€™re working on some cool improvements that we want to release this Fall

Thanks @Guy_Merlin_Dyangnou. Let me know if you have any feature requests.

Is there a way to hide the Data Recovery Tool?
It kind of gets in the way of my schemaโ€ฆ

@Nicolas_Feldman We just pushed a fix for this. You should see it the next time you close/open your Chrome Browser.

Thank @Stefan_Quartemont.
Unfortunately I just checked again and I still see that.
I also uninstalled / installed the extensio again but no resultsโ€ฆ
Am I the only seeing this?

@Nicolas_Feldman The Recovery Data Tool still shows, but it no longer permanently covers information. Scrolling down will allow you to see all the tables and columns in your schema.

@Stefan_Quartemont
When I click Docs it raises an error indicating that AppSheet refused to connect. FYI.

@LeventK - Can you refresh your browser and try again? And DM me the Error. I havenโ€™t seen that one before.

@Stefan_Quartemont
Refreshed the browser and now itโ€™s OK. Thnx for the tip bro.

@LeventK Happy to help!

Same here.

Awesome!
Thank you so much!

Your extension tool is awesome!

Will we ever Receive Predictive or selectable columns base on the table name we typed in etc?

Best, push harder, inject capitalism here, statement ever.

@Jonathan_S Iโ€™m asking Santa for it for Christmas - letโ€™s see what happens.

lol, Cant Say I dident Ask

Hey everyone!

We recently released Version 2.0 of the QREW Tools Extension. This update has a few bug fixes and small feature enhancements, but the big addition is that you can now sync your Snippets with your AppSheetTraining.com account!

That means no more accidentally deleted snippets

We have also created a public Expression Library where you can search community expressions, or contribute your own.

Enjoy, and keep bringing the feature requests!

QREW funktioniert auch im Edge-Browser!!! Leider kann ich nicht auf "Schnipsel" zugreifen, da ich mich mit meinen Google Account in AST-Konto registriert habe.

Aber ich kann mich nicht im App-Editor mit meinen Google Account Daten einloggen?

AppSheetTraining.com Einloggen mit Google-AST-Registrierung!

Ist das ein Problem in den Einstellungen des Edge-Browsers?

This expression library integration isโ€ฆ

3X_2_9_2916365934e2a15159aeb52470aeddc7afcd32b2.gif

Couple of requests:

1. The ability to rearrange the snippets inside the extension window; Iโ€™ve got a couple that I use regularly that I would love to be able to put at the top of the list.

2. Allow us to switch the โ€œview typeโ€ (if you will) of how the snippets are displayed:

• right now itโ€™s very akin to the โ€œlargeโ€ card view in AppSheet - could we get something more akin to the deck view?

This extension is wonderful, and provides a HUGE benefit when working with AppSheet.

Cheers to you
2X_0_069e94c3b98441b6cd469b921fc25d2405d29581.gif

I appreciate the Love, Matt.

Your requests are duly noted and I share your sentiments. Iโ€™m putting them on the roadmap!

Also, @Jonathan_S, Santa might be getting you your special request as well. Stay tuned early 2021.

OMG. How do you make profit on this?
How can one support just for the sake of supporting?

Lol. I would love to know the answer to that question myself!

I appreciate your willingness to support. I donโ€™t have a clear path setup for people to do that if they wish. Iโ€™ll have to think on that.

Seriously, thanks for your interest

well, if you build something for support, I will help pay back for that build

Thank you for this brilliant addition to AppSheet!
Would it be possible to have a list of all formulas filtered by schema?

Top Labels in this Space